In the UAWOS consortium, some of Europe’s leading companies in the areas of UAS remote sensing and satellite EO join forces with researchers and end-users to establish UAS hydrometry as the “new normal” of in-situ hydrometric monitoring for remote and hard-to-reach rivers. We expect that UAWOS hydrometric monitoring solutions will be a factor 2-3 cheaper compared to traditional in-situ surveying, while providing high spatial resolution and accuracy on par with traditional in-situ monitoring.
Using UAWOS technology, you will be able to
- Perform river shape and conveyance control more effectively and cheaper than with traditional in-situ technology
- Perform contactless river discharge monitoring with an accuracy of better than 15%
- Parameterize and inform hydraulic models used in flood risk assessment and flood forecasting
- Validate water surface elevation observations provided by satellite earth observation
- Estimate river discharge from water surface elevation time series at virtual stations